Have you been injured because of the negligence of a business or property owner? We’ll get you the compensation you deserve.
The relationships between landlords and tenants and the guests of those tenants, as well as those between businesses and their customers, are unique. In addition to businesses and landlords being required by law to provide safe environments to prevent falls and similar injuries, they must also take steps to prevent injuries caused by other persons who come onto the property.
The places we live and work should be well-maintained and properly secured. Unfortunately, some landlords and business owners fail to maintain an appropriate level of safety on their properties. When people are injured because of this, the parties responsible should be held accountable.
If you or a loved one has been injured while on the property of a business due to unsafe conditions and you wish to speak to an attorney regarding your situation, contact us at your earliest convenience. We have obtained significant results on behalf of our prior clients in handling premises liability cases.
Here are some testimonials from satisfied clients we have represented in the past.
Apartment complex injuries are common, and many times they happen as a result of negligence on the part of the property management company. Some of the more common apartment complex injuries are:
- Swimming pool accidents, including drowning
- Balcony railing accidents
- Balcony collapses
- Stairway accidents
- Exposure to lead paint
- Injuries due to window failures
- Fires as a result of faulty wiring
- Accidents resulting from inadequate lighting
- Elevator injuries
- Injuries caused from a faulty entrance/exit gate
- Slip and falls, many times from a parking lot that is not properly maintained
- Accidents or incidents as a result of negligent security, such as assault or even rape
- Accidents due to maintenance neglect
Sometimes the unsafe condition is not obvious, such as exposure to lead paint. It is the responsibility of the property owner to make sure that the tenant is aware of all hazards on the property.
If you are injured while on the property of a business due to the business owner’s negligence, make sure you take these steps:
- Document the injury right away. Take pictures with your cell phone. Be sure you also take pictures of the unsafe area where the accident occurred. You might also want to make some written notes at the same time. If you wait until later on to do so, the details of the incident will not be fresh in your mind.
- Find someone in charge, and make a written incident report. Make sure you get a copy of the report for yourself before you leave.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information.
- Seek medical treatment right away.
- Keep all medical documentation, including emergency room documentation, hospital admission papers, lab and x-ray results, and medical bills. You should bring all of this with you when you meet your attorney for an initial consultation.
- The statute of limitations in Georgia for filing a premises liability suit is two years. It’s wise to consult with an attorney as soon as possible, so that they can begin working right away to preserve the evidence in your case.
All property owners, whether they be a business owner or an apartment complex owner, are required by law to exercise reasonable care to ensure that their premises are safe for others coming onto their property, and in addition, they also have the responsibility of notifying all persons coming onto their property of any unsafe conditions.
If you have been injured due to the fact that a property owner has dangerous conditions on their property and has not taken steps to repair the conditions, nor did they give you warning of the unsafe conditions, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Our attorneys here at the Bennett Law Group have the knowledge and experience needed to deal with your premises liability case. Contact us online or give us a call at 404.541.9330. We will review your case for free and explain the options available to you. We will fight for your rights and help you to receive the compensation that you deserve. We are here to help and we look forward to your call.